Empyrean Challenge Coalition
Login to enter

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Login to enter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the EC Coalition Forum

3 posters

Go down

Welcome to the EC Coalition Forum Empty Welcome to the EC Coalition Forum

Post  Admin Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:02 am

If this is your first visit please tell us about yourself. We're all friends here.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://eccoalition.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the EC Coalition Forum Empty Greetings

Post  Erasmus Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:39 am

Glad to be a member.
Erasmus
Erasmus
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the EC Coalition Forum Empty Darth Pedro

Post  Admin Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:18 pm

Howdy there guys!

I am an oldtimer...but not as old as Erasmus!

Having a professional history of several careers ranging from 2 way radio through industrial electricity and electronics, manufacturing equipment control systems and variable speed motor drives, equipment reliability, predictive maintenance technologies and now...technical writer. Basically I write about the kind of things I used to DO! Ha!

Now I am a wanna-be codger playing the best strategy game I ever encountered.

Erasmus can tell you that historically I look out for the little guy and like to assault enemies that are much larger than my own. I just can't help it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://eccoalition.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the EC Coalition Forum Empty Re: Welcome to the EC Coalition Forum

Post  Geoff Graff Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:56 pm

I'm another EC player from the 'paper era'. I played in parts of two games, and that lasted almost ten years. I'm not a game fanatic, but I always seem to have some PC game that I have available to play.
I've searched for a game that can compete with EC for several decades, and have found nothing. Having just found that EC has been reborn, I am a very happy camper!
I am now verging on codgerism, as I will turn 60 this year. I have enjoyed my turn and a half, and hope that I can remain an interested and active player foir the time it will take to get the enterprise completely running.

Geoff Graff
AKA Commodore Barney

Geoff Graff
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the EC Coalition Forum Empty Old as the hills?

Post  Erasmus Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:38 pm

Nice to hear from you Barny. I have been around since Hector was a pup (a very long time indeed). I started playing EC in the 70's, Game 2 race 1. We eventually won that game.

I am excited by the transition from paper to the internet!!! I am a VB database programmer by trade so this is very interesting for me. I'm working on some designer database tools for Ship/Colonies. Darth's spreadsheet is helping me with that endeavor.

Darth has been my good ol buddy almost as long as I've been married (well almost).
My kids he knew now have kids of their own, all avid war gamers, so I guess it runs in the genes.
Erasmus
Erasmus
Midshipman

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the EC Coalition Forum Empty Re: Welcome to the EC Coalition Forum

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down